I was going to title this post "who said this" and make a contest of sorts but I don't have any cards or really anything worthy of a winner so . . . the title stays as "they said this".
Recently I stumbled upon this website Brainy Quote filled with interesting and sometimes humorous quotes and there is a whole category of sports quotes.
Some of my baseball favorites:
1) Other sports play once a week but this sport is with us every day. Peter Ueberroth
2) The only way to prove you are a good sport is to lose. Ernie Banks
3) The triple is the most exciting play in baseball. Home runs win a lot of games, but I never understood why fans are so obsessed with them. Hank Aaron
4) Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field? Jim Bouton
5) One thing you learned as a Cubs fan; when you bought your ticket, you could bank on seeing the bottom of the ninth. Joe Garagiola (note needed here: between Yogi Berra and Joe Garagiola quotes, an entire blog could evolve)
6) Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing. Warren Spahn
7) I went through baseball as a "player to be named later". Joe Garagiola
8) The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out your glass. Martin Mull (I just had to share this one with everyone)
Check the site out Brainy Quote you might get a laugh or two. Maybe one day there will be a site of the greatest quotes by bloggers ?
Wade Davis Certified Autograph
1 hour ago