Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bears Win Bears Win

I know this is a baseball blog but . . . . I am a Chicagoan deep down and the Bears are still alive with an overtime win in week 17

I was so prepared to write a post tonight about how the Chicago Bears lose to the Green Bay Packers and end their hopes for a playoff spot this year and perpetuate the “wait til next year” theme but nooooooo they come through with an overtime field goal to win 20-17.

The game time temperature was less than 5 degrees with a wind chill of 10 below – so glad I now live in Sarasota Florida. The hopes for all Chicago Bears fans live on for one more week.

While I am a Chicago Cub and baseball fan at heart, the Chicago Bears would be considered in my veins too (just a different shade of blue). I actually attended Super Bowl XX in New Orleans in January of 1987 – the 1986 Super Bowl Shuffle team with Payton, McMahon and the Refrigerator. Many memories . . . .

Ok, enough regressing . . . the Bears live on for one more week. We do celebrate that in the sunshine state.

No comments:

Post a Comment