Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Three different views from 1979

the decade of the seventies made several strides in card photography; from the stand, squat, swing, throw or just pose from the 1970's set (note the framed Cubs team set on the top right of my blog or my card by card chronicling of the 1970's set) to the emergence of "action" shots (real game photos) in the mid-late seventies.

Here are the three different views I found from the 1979 Cubs:

the typical pose for the camera during spring training; Bobby Murcer #135

to an "action" shot of the day, as 6'6" Dave "Kong" Kingman # 370, approaches the plate ready to either strikeout or blast the ball into orbit (in 1979 Kingman led the league in both, striking out 131 times and hitting 48 HR's).
or a very interesting angle that produces a "solid blue background" of Steve Ontiveros # 299

There you go . . . three different camera views from 1979 . . . we certainly have come a long way . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment