Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to You !


Today, January 2nd, is my wife’s birthday (I will keep her age a secret, because that is something girls don’t like to tell). Let’s just say that we have been married for over 22 years, have one beautiful 17 year old daughter, a calm and friendly Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie, named Winnie) and we live in “paradise” (that is what we call life in Sarasota Florida).

For her present, she asked me to promise that today I will not look through my cards, go on the computer to read blogs, look for sales or cards online, write about anything sports related, refrain from watching the MLB Network and simply “spend a day with her”.

Well, I tried, lasted all of fifteen minutes . . . I have too many baseball cards and memories to ignore (most from before I ever met her), too many blogs to write (and stay on top of things), too much to learn and read about and today is just the second day of the MLB Network and Don Larsen’s perfect game in the ’56 World Series is on.

So . . . Happy Birthday Karen ! I will take you to dinner, I got you a card (non baseball related) and will spend some of the day with you (you do tell me that I drive you crazy most of the time anyways).

I am not a strong person and cannot stay away from my cards for an entire day, certainly not the second day of the year when there is so much cardboard to talk about.

My wife, she is not a “collector” so she really does not understand this disease. To be fair, she is a writer, reader and shopper. She collects books and clothes.

She has now promised me that she will leave me alone on my birthday (in May). Just goes to prove another difference between the genders. Happy Birthday, Karen !

No comments:

Post a Comment