Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Current Want List

I apologize for not posting a card blog in a couple of days, my excuse is that I have been busy. Ok not really "that" busy, but I finally got around to organizing (yes I know that is a bad word in this hobby) my Topps 1970 cards.

I had them in various places in my home; some framed as in the Cubs, some in rigid plastic holders of various sizes though most were in those nine pocket binder sheets. So I took them all out, sorted by number and replaced them in binder sheets - in order. The card to the left is #1 in the set, The Mets as World Champions. I look at this way; I see Banks, Williams and Santo somewhere in there. Personally it is one of my least favorite cards of all time, for obvious reasons.
The end result is that I am not as close as I thought but have 618 of the 720 cards, for 86 % completion, not bad but still much "work" to be done.

The Cubs have all remained in the frame (the cornerstone of my collection) and the the hi value cards I kept in the individual holders with gaps in my binder noting where each "missing" card was. I know all of you have done this process many many times over but for me it was a task, being that I am now returning to a hobby after about 15 years.

So why am I telling you all this . . . well I have posted my "current want list". Please take a look at my Irregular Special Features and click on the link.

Obviously I am concentrating on the Topps 1970 cards but also the Topps All Star Rookie (those with little gold trophies), anything Cubs and cards from 1991.

Please take a look and let me know if you can help . . . I do have many duplicates of some "superstars" of the 70's and 80's (the good news was that I found only 5 duplicates from 1970, not bad for one who used to shop for cards with no list in hand).

So that is why I have been busy . . . my next card I am highlighting will be a Cubbie from my youth, that is unless I receive my second bubble mailer.















No comments:

Post a Comment