Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hockey at Wrigley ?

Before I get started . . . happy New Year to everyone. May all your cardboard dreams come true.

My first post of the new year is not about baseball cards, my collection or even something I got in the mail. It is about something of a higher power . . . something is happening in Chicago that makes me wonder . . . could this year be the year !

There is an old joke about H E double hockey sticks freezing over before the Cubs win a world series and as a Cub fan we don’t like that joke. However, something is freezing over right now and it is Wrigley Field !

Yes folks, the second annual NHL winter classic is being played at Wrigley Field. The Chicago Blackhawks vs. the Detroit Red Wings. The first time ever an outdoor hockey game will be played in a baseball field. I could not think of a better place, more picturesque or historic. Thank you to the N H L for choosing Wrigley Field.

So now that Wrigley is frozen over . . . could this be the year for the Cubbies ! Go Cubs Go !

No comments:

Post a Comment