Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Hey Hey Cubs Playing Cards

Several years ago I found this deck of playing cards in a $ 1.00 bin and could not resist. These cards depict Cub History since 1876 in pictures and include four cards of "great cub moments byJack Brickhouse".

Each card has the Hey Hey Cubs logo on the back and each depict a photo of history or greatness.

I have put two of my favorites up here: top left is Jack Brickhouse with Harry Carey and top right is the team photo of the 1969 Cubs and the tagline of "The Team That Almost Made it".

These cards make for a great conversation piece, history lesson and classic black and white photos of Mordecai Brown, Hack Wilson, Andy Pafko and even Babe Ruth. I will scan more in future posts.

I like to ponder the rationale for putting Jack and Harry on the "joker" . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment