Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

in a class (post) by himself

I know I could have made one looooooong post about the cards I received from Ryan at Ryans Memorabilia Blog but Ryne Sandberg deserves to be in a class (post) by himself.

The first card is his 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces (my newest favorite set); a great Sandberg card, with his stats from 1990 on the back: showcasing his career high and league leading 40 HR to go along with 30 doubles, 100 RBI's, a .306 BA and leading the league in runs scored with 116 and total bases with 344.
Other Sandbergs in this package were: a grimace ( 1996 fleer checklist # U249), an MVP card (1991 Leaf #404) and a triple action photo of him turning a double play (1994 Topps # 300).

Thanks again Ryan . . . as Ryne Sandberg is always in a class by himself and deserves a post all to himself.

1 comment:

  1. Nice cards. I'm looking for a Sandberg card that would be good for an autograph.

    Do you know if the UD Masterpieces cards do well with a Sharpie?

    ReplyDelete