Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New "irregular special feature" beginning now

For some reason I feel compelled to start a new "irregular special feature" on my blog and I give all the credit (or blame) to my wife. Prior to marriage her initials were K.K. (now they are K.P.) so she is my unofficial inspiration to baseball players that have the same first and last initial, {right now many of you are saying I know someone who has that but so what}.

Just something to think about . . . since there are three teams that also fit this category; Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates and of course the Chicago Cubs !

Today I start with A.A. - Andy Allanson.
A.A. (Allanson) was a Topps All-Star Rookie selection in 1987 (probably his kiss of death), played for 8 years and five different teams, mostly for the Cleveland Indians. He never lived up to his status given out by Topps by hitting only 16 career HR's driving in 140 runs and having a lifetime BA of .240.

But nonetheless, A.A. is my first entry in my new "irregular special feature" that I will be calling . . . drum roll please . . . "Duplicate Initials". If I can submit an entry weekly, that means this task will be done in 26 weeks (or less if I can not find Q.Q. or a Z.Z.).

Just wait until next week . . .I know your brains are working already trying to figure out who will be my B.B. or C.C. or D.D . . . ? ! Please tune in again next week . . .

3 comments:

  1. Allanson wasn't even good enough to be a candidate for my Backup Catchers Hall of Fame. I always wanted Allan Anderson to pitch to him.
    Throw in Harry Caray trying to keep that straight and you have sheer comedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a G.G. myself, I can't wait for "Gene Garber"

    ReplyDelete