Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

my first relic

in a trade that was completed a couple of weeks back, Matt from heartbreaking cards of staggering genius sent me (4) 1970 Topps cards I needed from my want list - I had previously sent him (4) 1971 Topps from his list. However, that was not enough as Matt included a post-it note stating "here are some bonus Cubs for you".

The words "some" and "bonus" do not adequately describe what he sent: about 50 cards from some early eighties (1981 Fleer Jim Tracey; 1983 Donruss Gary Woods and Dave Henderson, and 1985 Donruss Leaf Jody Davis and Keith Moreland) to "modern" cards of today including: 2009 Topps Heritage (a new favorite of mine since they correspond to the Topps 1960's set, my birth year - this set is also on my birthday wish list given to my wife and daughter, birthday being in May). Hopefully they read my blog . . .

and my first A & G Relic bat card: Derrek Lee ! This mini card is in a single screw plastic holder which adds thickness to the scan so that is why it is a little blurry. I like this card, especially the colorful palm tree leaves in the corners (reminds me of my life in Florida especially while I am indoors writing and reading blogs).

All of the other cards Matt sent have now been added to my team sets, year by year binders and greatly appreciated.

Thank you Matt for adding a new definition to the words "some"and "bonus" ! And especially for my first relic card !

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like them and that they could find a new home!

    ReplyDelete