Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Opening Day at Wrigley

Monday April 13, will mark the 73rd Opening Day baseball game at Wrigley Field as the Cubs will play host to the Colorado Rockies.

While I will not be able to be there, being as I live in Sarasota Florida . . . . I thought I would share a photo and recap of the very first Opening Day.

The Cubs won 4 -2 against the Cincinnati Reds. I find it interesting to see that the box score has the visiting team listed below the home team and that rbi's were not part of the box score, instead they highlighted the defensive moments of putouts and assists.
The article also says the Cubs "celebrated in grand fashion with a 4 - 2 thrashing" and that 33,000 were in attendance and the time of the game was 1:37. A fast paced game though the final score surely does not indicate a "thrashing".

The Cubs would end the season in fourth place with a 82-72 record, seven games behind the World Champion St Louis Cardinals.

I hope that Opening Day 2009 results are the same - with a Cubs win !

No comments:

Post a Comment