Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

a Sandberg grimace

I am not sure if I like seeing cards of players with a grimace on their face (especially a HOF'r or great Chicago Cub) but nonetheless this Ryne Sandberg 1997 Topps Stadium Club card certainly does.

Sandberg is obviously sliding into second base and that look on his face pains me just to imagine what actually hurts.

A second thing I am not sure of is whether Sandberg is safe or out (I would like to think he beat the throw and tag) and am also curious who that "other" player is on the card.

I much prefer seeing Sandberg with the "my head is too big for my body" look . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment