Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Friday, April 17, 2009

a "vintage" trade that is "birth-year" good

when Adam of Thoughts and Sox offered some 1960 Cubs cards for trade, our email communication started. It was easy for me as being the Cub fan I am, preferring "vintage" cards from my youth and being born in 1960 this was a no brainer.

I sent Adam a couple of dozen Red Sox cards from 1966, 1967, 1968 and 1971 . . . and I got nineteen of the 1960 Chicago Cubs (yes the real old ones actually from 1960 not the Heritage version - although those are nice too). I am now only a few cards shy of completing the Cubs Team set from 1960.

here are just a few of "my birth year" cards: don't you just love that cute little cub bear face in the bottom left corner. I find it rather creative (for the year) in the use of different color backgrounds for the black and white player photos. I also like the horizontal look, though the manager cards were vertical, and the Rookie Star card with the red, white and blue stripe. I will scan more of these soon.

Adam was also kind enough to send a few "modern" Cubs cards "just because" he is a nice guy and I greatly appreciated them as well.

Thank you Adam for making this "vintage" trade Birth-year good !

1 comment: