Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Opening Night

Baseball has officially started !

Last years World Champions, the Philadelphia Phillies lose to the Atlanta Braves 4 to 1 !

The Braves pitching shut down the powerful Phillie lineup allowing only four hits and one meaningless run in the ninth. Last year the Braves ranked 14th out of 16 NL teams in homeruns - tonight they hit three within two innings.

So what does this all mean ? Not much excpet that BASEBALL has started ! !

The Phillies will bounce back and be a force to be reckoned with, the Braves may outperform their expectations. Tomorrow is another day . . . that is why each team plays 162 games.

Opening Day is tomorrow across our country and games will be won or lost . . . dont get too excited about the W or the L . . . they will all play 162 games and come October we will know who is best.

We do have 2429 more games to enjoy . . . Baseball has officially started !

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing the math. I was wondering tonight how many games are actually played each season and I am too lazy to find a calculator.

    ReplyDelete