Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Monday, February 16, 2009

1908 E M F

. . . no I did not discover a 101 year old baseball card that you have never heard of. E M F stands for Everitt Metzger and Flanders; a car company you probably have never heard of either. They built cars from 1908 until 1912; then Studebaker bought them and changed the brand label in 1913 to Studebaker.
This past Saturday I was "co-pilot" on a tour with very old cars and my good friend Scott who owns this car. Yes this 101 year old car (the oldest in our tour) still drives incredibly well. You have to crank start it, it has kerosene lamps, no doors, windows or top and we had a blast.

I wore my Chicago Cubs cap just to stay connected with my hobby . . . whether it be cars or cards . . . the older the better. Just wanted to share this with all of you . . . now back to my cards.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. When the weather starts getting nice around here (NJ) people start whipping out their old cars. My next-door neighbor has a similar car, but most of the people I know around here have more 1950-60s cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OVER ONE HUNDRED YEARS AND WE STILL SEEM TO HAVE FOUR TIRES ON THE GROUND AND A GASOLINE INTERNAL COMBUSION ENGINE. GLAD TO SEE THAT HISTORY IS BEING PRESERVED AND SHARED WITH OTHERS IN A WAY OTHER THAN GAZING AT IT IN A MUSEUM, "SO IT REALLY WORKS?"

    ReplyDelete