Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cards from Ryan

I received a great assortment of Cubs cards from a new blogger named Ryan (check out his blog: ryans memorabilia blog.wordpress). He being an Orioles fan should see his package of "vintage" O's arrive shortly.

Included in this group is my first jersey card: Fred McGriff - Stars of 89 from the 2002 Upper Deck.

While I have heard about these cards (and the even newer"pants" cards) this is indeed my first official jersey in my collection. It is somewhat interesting to me to note what other bloggers have also noticed; that being that McGriff is shown as a Cub, the Cubs logo is on the back but the "Congratulations!" clearly states this: "authentic piece of jersey worn by Fred McGriff in an official Blue Jays MLB game". That's right a Blue Jay jersey is what I have.
Nonetheless, I like having my first jersey card - I will just have to keep it front side up and ignore the back.

Also included in this package was another first for me; a 1997 Pinnacle Mint Bronze card of Sammy Sosa 17 / 30. I do like this card, the contract between the color photo and black and white (or in this case bronze and white) really has a nice look. The look on Sosa's face reminds me of his courtroom look.

Ryan also sent me a few of my "new" favorite cards; 2008 UD Masterpieces. I am now on a mission to collect the entire Cubs set of these cards. I like the large picture, the heavy cardstock and the gold thin line border.

Thanks Ryan for sending me two firsts and two favorites. More of what Ryan sent will be featured in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment