Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Born in 1960

In this first post of a new "irregular special feature" I will be highlighting players who were born in 1960. Why 1960 ? Well, that is the year I was born and that is as good a reason as I could came up with.

So for starters I will acknowledge the career leaders in some statistics:
Homeruns: Cal Ripken Jr - 431
RBI's: Cal Ripken Jr - 1695
Batting Average: Tony Gwynn - .338 (more than 100 games played)
Stolen Bases: Steve Sax - 444
Triples: Juan Samuel - 102

Wins: Mark Langston - 179
Saves: John Franco - 424
Strikeouts: Mark Langston - 2474

Other notable players that were born in 1960 are:

Sid Bream
Ron Darling
Kirby Puckett
Fernando Valenzuela
Andy Van Slyke
Harold Reynolds
Kent Hrbek
Chili Davis
Tom Brunansky and many many others

In the weeks and months ahead I will scan some cards and share some insight about those players that were born in 1960. Hope you enjoy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment