Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I collect cards because . . .

. . . . I enjoy baseball (watching, talking about, playing, reading, learning and now blogging about) and baseball cards are the small piece of history that can turn memories into stories, generation after generation.

Where else can a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of cardboard span over 50 years and tell so many tales. I love the fact that any one single player can appear on a card for so many years after one plays the game and still provide fans of the game of baseball a glimpse into their careers once forgotten.

For me "Mr. Cub" brings back many memories . . . Ernie Banks Topps 1957; my oldest card of "Mr Cub"Ernie Banks Donruss Threads 2008; my most recent card of "Mr Cub"

No comments:

Post a Comment