Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

101st post

This is my "official" 101st post since I started my new life as a blogger. I could have "celebrated" my 100th but as a former Chicagoan and always a Cubs fan . . . this is the 101st year since 1908 and . . . well the number "101" is something to celebrate (this year).


I want to first start off by saying THANK YOU to so many of you who have guided me, traded with me, commented on my blog, and continue to help me learn more about a hobby I left long ago. All of your blogs are prominently featured on the right in two places. I have certainly learned so much from all of you - my collection has grown (as my wife says I have reluctantly and finally entered the "modern" era). I still remember and relish the simpleness of the hobby when I was a kid (born in 1960) and am constantly amazed in awe of the hobby of today.


Blogging has taken on a new life for me . . . just a short three months ago my life was "normal". Now with new friends (bloggers), a re-newed passion (some newer cards) and a growing desire to learn more (looking at cards differently); the blogosphere is the first thing I check in the morning and the last ting I do at night (many times I check it during the day as well).


So this being my 101st post in "honor" of the Chicago Cubs. Looking back at some of my entries I see I have had some winners (good seasons like the Cubs of 1945, 1969, 1984) and some not so good (like the early sixties and late seventies). That is what happens over the course of a 101 span of anything.

Maybe the Cubs will repeat as:

Once again I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who read, share, trade, comment, teach, educate, guide, laugh, have fun with and enjoy this hobby and blogging as much as I have grown to after 101 posts.


Maybe this is the year we can escapes all curses and scream:


. . . for me it has been 101 posts . . . for the Cubs 101 years . . . with a bit o' luck the "Cubs will shine in 2009" . . . if not its "wait-til-next-year" . . .

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on No. 101. You're a unique voice in the card blogging world. Glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Steve! A picture in your post gave me some inspiration. I hope to have it posted on my site later this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Steve. Your blog has been a daily stop during my day since post #1. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete