Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mystery Fergie

I received a card via a bulk (50 assorted Cubs) e-bay purchase last week and in going through to sort them I came across this Ferguson Jenkins card.

I can not place this card with a set or manufacturer. So . . . I am looking for some insight from the blogging community experts out there.

Anybody know anything about this 1992 Ferguson Jenkins ? the front artwork depicts Fergie in stride, with the cubbie blue stripeed uniform but no logo on the hat or jersey ?the back is not numbered in any way; has a Kodak Film, Colorado Rockies and a Major League Baseball Players Alumni logo along with the copy written 1992. The card also states "Reunion Edition Collector Card".

as we used to say in youth baseball when the someone would hit the ball beyond anyone's running ability . . . "little help" . . .

3 comments:

  1. I can give you a "little help" ! In 1992 Kodak held the Kodak Celebration of Baseball Fan Fair in Denver.A set of cards were issued to promote the event.Orlando Cepeda , Ferguson Jenkins Art , Graig Nettles , Brooks Robinson and a 5th card listed as Admissions Coupon Card.In 2004 Beckett listed the set at $12.00 with Jenkins at $4.00. The listed MLBPA Alumni players were scheduled to appear there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What percentage of the population actually knows that? Isn't the internet amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to let you think I'm really smart (I'm not !) It's not so much a matter of knowing , but more a matter of knowing where to look !!
    I do have a LOT of reference material. That set is listed in the Beckett Almanac.

    ReplyDelete