Welcome

Wait til Next Year . . . is making a come back.

I am going to mix a bit of the philosophy of my life into this blog as I continue to highlight some of my baseball card collection. (hoping the card collectors of this world welcome me back)

Its been a tough 18 months for me . . . the Chicago Cubs have had it rough as well.


This site will be devoted to all those who need to define what "wait til next year" means.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

my "31" cents worth

For us Chicago Cubs fans, May 3rd, 2009, will be a day for the history books. The Cubs are finally retiring uniform # 31. Though worn by several in Cubs lore, two pitchers who will now be forever remembered with this uniform are HOF'er Ferguson Jenkins and (soon to be HOF) 300 game winner Greg Maddux. Both boast over 3000 K's and fewer than 1000 walks !

This has been a long time waiting for Jenkins but having these two super stars in Cubs history share this honor is fitting. The # 31 will now fly proudly on the outfield pole along side; #10, #14, # 23 and # 26 !

Most would only pay a penny for my thoughts but I just gave you my "$ .31 cents worth".

No comments:

Post a Comment